Friday, April 8, 2011

Frittata and Pictures

I was inspired to make this lovely frittata after talking to one of my friends. I mentioned to her that I still had some purple spring onions from the farmer's market and I really wanted to showcase them in a dish, so their unique color and sweeter flavor wouldn't be lost. 

She suggested a frittata, based on pictures she had seen of asparagus laid delicately on top. So, I took the idea and ran with it!



I added in 3ish cups of Russian Red Kale that I also had from the farmer's market and added in some asparagus.  I used this recipe as a base and just added the extra vegetables.  Yum! I think I needed to drain the vegetables a bit more, because the frittata was a little watery, but it was a great first attempt!

Oh, and here are some pictures from my trip to the mountains with some ladies from my church last weekend. I completely forgot to share them earlier this week! It was so peaceful to walk along the trail!






I'm off to go apartment hunting for the summer! Have a lovely day!


No comments: