Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I've Been Up to in the Kitchen

I'm SO excited to finally have a kitchen of my own, and I've been using it to its full potential lately. I never seem to have a clean sink (except now, after cleaning my way through a huge pile of dishes). Here are the wonderful things I've tried in the last couple of weeks, but haven't gotten to post about:


We made breakfast burritos with leftovers from some grilled vegetables and steak


Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble- I got a little hungry and forgot to take a picture before I ate some! 
It tasted like warm jam covered with a crumbly, crunchy topping. Highly recommend! From Bon Appetit


Just some sauteed mustard greens, broccoli, mushrooms over roasted purple potatoes. Yum!


Cardamom Oatmeal Pancakes- I made a batch and froze it for quick breakfasts. I thought they were wonderfully hearty pancakes, even though I am boosting the amount of cardamom in the next batch I make.


Simple dinner of chicken sausage, broccoli and rice.



One of my crazy ambitious nights: Black Bean Hummus, Corn Chips, and Soft Chicken Tacos from Whole Grains for Busy People. But it was so delicious- the only thing I'll really change is adding some chili powder to the chicken tacos because they just weren't that spicy. 

And I can't wait to keep on cooking! Yay! 

Oh, and I made rhubarb streusel muffins and strawberry freezer jam, but I already put them away in the freezer and forgot to take a picture! But they were both delicious. 




No comments: