Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Foodie Fun

Yesterday, I was missing Ecuador a ton, so I made some kiwi juice because the fresh juice in Ecuador was probably one of my favorite "food" memories. It was amazing to have fresh juice almost every day- so much better than "juice drinks" in the US! So look forward to more fresh juice from me! And the one of the best parts about the juice is that women made it in their homes with just blenders!

But I focused on the juice that I didn't actually get to try in Ecuador, but the family that one of my friends stayed with made fresh kiwi juice a couple of times a week for her and I was dying to try it.


I just juiced 3 kiwis (without the skin), about 3/4 cup of water, and a little sugar to taste. You strain out most of the seeds and then enjoy! It was just delicious.



For dinner, Jonathan and I met up with Sarah and Trent at the Mustard Seed in Mt. Pleasant. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious!

This was my dinner: sea scallop salad. This picture does not even do it justice- it was to die for! I love fresh scallops.

This was Jonathan's plate- sesame crusted chicken. I tasted some, and it was also fantastic.

After dinner, we stopped by Harris Teeter for some s'mores supplies and headed to the new waterfront park in Mt. Pleasant. 


We watched some dolphins and another group on the pier saw a huge turtle come up for air. It was just a gorgeous night!

Then, we used Sarah's creme brulee torch to melt the marshmallows and chocolate.... it worked surprisingly well and they tasted just like regular s'mores.





Yummmm! 


I can't believe how wonderful last night was! I really am in the mood for s'mores again tonight! I think its time to try some of my saved up s'mores inspired recipes. More later today!


No comments: