Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Recipe 2

To be honest, I felt a little hippie-esque when I was baking up some granola on Monday. I was blogging about my TOMS and making granola and steel cut oats at the same time. But I don't want to deny that small, hippie part of myself :) The granola tastes pretty darn great!


I used a recipe from Homemade by Holman and adjusted it just a little bit.

Pumpkin Cranberry Granola

2 1/2 cups old fashion rolled oats
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup dried cranberries (I used a prepackaged mix of cranberries and raisins because it was a lot cheaper)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 T canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until the wet ingredients are evenly incorporated. Spread out mix onto a baking sheet, try to get it into an even layer but don't worry too much about clumps at this point. Bake about 30 minutes, stir and spread mixture in an even layer again. Continue baking about 30 minutes more. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.


SO DELICIOUS! It makes so much granola- I am a little overwhelmed by it, but a good overwhelmed!


I also made a big batch of steel cut oats from this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. It has a different texture than I was expected, but its really good! I added some brown sugar because I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake but I can't go cold-turkey!


I got to try one more of my pumpkin recipes and this one is definitely a keeper!



No comments: