Friday, June 3, 2011

Farmer's Stand Inspiration

I'm so lucky to be in a town that values farmers and fresh food!

On my way to dinner with my mom, brother and boyfriend last week, we noticed the farmer's stand that the city opened a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't wait to go back after they left for some inspiration.

And I'm so glad I did. Its open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, while the larger farmer's market is open on Wednesday and Saturday. *I'm in heaven*

I'm in the process of making some refrigerator bread and butter pickles (more later today when they're done) and whipped up some sauteed yellow wax beans. They just looked so pretty that I couldn't resist!



And some pretty pictures of details in the downtown area. I'm really enjoying exploring my new home for the summer! And I CAN'T WAIT! for the farmer's market Saturday. 

What are your favorite dishes inspired by fresh ingredients?




No comments: