Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Apple Pickin' and NC Apple Festival

In celebration of Labor Day and the end of summer, I did something very fall :) We didn't have class today, so my friend Melanie and I went up to Hendersonville, NC, pick some apples! We decided on Sky Top Orchards because they had some amazing views posted on their website and got up there around 10 am yesterday.


We picked our fair share of apples- 1/2 bushel was perfect. I'm planning on making some applesauce in my slow cooker and maybe some apple butter. And maybe even some apple pie or tart!


Mutsu Apples (early Fujis)


Jonagold Apples


Jonathan Apples (Just like my boyfriend! haha)


Melanie with her prize, little Gala apple. They were mostly picked over or rotten so she only got 2!



Me pickin' apples!


Eating an apple donut. Heaven in donut form- it tasted like apple pie!


Drinking an apple cider slushie-I had to get my fill of apple products!


How tall am I? The sign exaggerates by 2 inches, but I don't mind!



I picked up some mini preserve jars from Sky Top as well- Fig, Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon Jelly.

After picking apples and eating our share of awesome apple foods, we drove into Hendersonville, NC, for their annual NC Apple Festival

Hendersonville is so cute!



We ate at the Black Bear Coffee Co. and I got a ham and cheese croissant and iced tea. A great reward for picking some apples! And energy for our adventure after Hendersonville.... heading to Pisgah National Forest! More on that tomorrow... there are too many pictures for one post!




No comments: