Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Fashion Update

As a college student, funds aren't always readily available to update my wardrobe for the changing of the seasons. The sad part is, I LOVE fall colors like mustard, rust, garnet and dark green that you just don't wear in summer.  So I decided to stashbust a little and create some brooches that incorporate some new colors!


 For the garnet flower, I used this tutorial but I backed it with a paperboard circle instead of a baby food jar lid (no babies to eat the baby food! haha)
For the braided flowers, I based it on this tutorial but added a little twist of my own and used t-shirt strips instead of fabric.
And I just made up the button one as I went along!

I will post pictures when I wear them! I can't wait for it to get colder than 95 degrees in the afternoon and feel like fall!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, these are super cute. I'm going to try my hand at making one.