Quinoa Veggies from Vegan Lunchbox Around the World
- 1 c quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 c vegetable broth or water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- ½ c frozen corn kernels
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the quinoa and vegetable broth in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onion is just soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds, then add the zucchini and corn. Cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the cooked quinoa and stir well, toss with the fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Serve warm or cold.
It will definitely be a new recipe staple! Oh, and feel free to add whatever vegetables you want :) I added some yellow squash that I had and it was wonderful. Its a pretty versatile concept!