Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book List ♥

As a college undergraduate reading a ton for classes already, you might ask why I would read more? Well, I just so happen to love reading and this book's title/cover caught my eye at the library last week and I just had to read it.

The Butcher and the Vegetarian. Such a cute title and cover, how could I resist? It was a cute book and I read it quickly, and she's not too "preachy" on the vegetarian subject. To be honest, I think I'm going to pick up the raw food cookbook she uses at one point in the book because the dressing she made sounds so delicious (ginger-carrot, by the way).  

It goes through her struggles with health and the various diets she attempts to get her energy level up to normal and keep her hyperthyroid in check. And it goes through her journey to see where the meat she eats comes from (local and all, its still slaughtered!).

I enjoyed reading it because it was fascinating to see how her life changed through her eating habits. So I recommend you pick this up at your library for the next snowy or rainy day!


No comments: