Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ice Cream Adventure

So I have had a hankering for homemade ice cream after I saw pretty posts popping up on Taste Spotting (aka the best food picture blog ever!) and it just so happens that my friend Melanie got her parents to lend us their ice cream maker for the rest of the semester.

So... we made vanilla ice cream! Just plain vanilla, which is plain deliciousness when it is homemade and fresh (soft-serve consistency!) We were just lazy and make Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, but we did it right and got the Ultimate Chocolate Lover's one :) Here are the results!


Completely delicious, but leaving me wanting more. I also want to try this recipe for salted caramel ice cream. Or maybe just some fruit yogurt... anyone want to experiment with me? 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Nothing beats homemade ice cream! If you like peaches, a good trick is cut them up, sprinkle with sugar, and freeze them before making the ice cream. So yum! Very cute blog btw!