Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Tip

I found this recipe hack, or tip, yesterday from Dana made it, and its wonderful! 



Dana at Dana-Made-It


How to make a Cake Mix low-fat:
Take a normal cake mix and disregard the normal ingredients you're supposed to add (the oil, etc). Instead add the following to the cake mix:
* 1 3/4 cup water
* 2 Tbl flour
* 3 egg whites (I've also done 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg and found good results)

Mix all together and follow normal baking temperatures and cooking times on the box





3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Does it taste good too?

Julie said...

I haven't tried it yet, but she raved about it in her post :)

Heather said...

My sister-in-law swears by Diet Coke. Everyone who has tried it says it is unbelievably moist and extremely tasty. Well,everyone but my husband; hence the reason I haven't tried it.

So,sometime try taking the cake mix and dumping in a can of Diet Coke. Bake. Cool and top with whipped cream. Enjoy. Then tell us about it!