Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Recap

I had an extremely wonderful weekend. Let me share with you how it went

Friday
After getting out of class, I got to walk around Columbia and I stopped by Cloud Nine (an amazing little gourmet food shop and cafe) on Gervais Street.


I didn't find anything, but I have my eye on some fig preserves.  It may be on the list of recipes to try this summer! After that and the art supply store, I went to the public library. Goodness.. it may be my favorite place in Columbia. The cookbook section is HUGE! So I limited myself to The Frugal Foodie Cookbook and some other books.



Saturday
Women's Brunch :) It was a wonderful time with some women from church, and I brought my lavender shortbread and lemon curd. Isn't it wonderful to have people to share good food with? After that, my friend and I went shopping for a lingerie shower. I love the way I wrapped the present. Sweet on the outside, not so much on the inside!




After shopping, I went by Cool Beans for dinner. And I am so glad I tried something new; I was deciding between my staple Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich and the Mediterranean Panini, and I chose the panini. It was delicious. Go get one! It's only $5, so therefore a steal!

Sunday
Church and Kate's lingerie shower. So much fun! Kate and her fiance made apple cinnamon muffins earlier today and she served them. They were delicious with the caramel we used for the fruit dip. It was a wonderful and relaxing day!

No comments: