Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Recipe 6

Pumpkins for appetizers, pumpkins for cupcakes, pumpkins for chai bread, what else can you do with pumpkins?

BREAKFAST!

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make oatmeal look pretty, but its tasty!
I was so excited to try this recipe with my friend, Sarah, because I love breakfast and I love pumpkin, so we combined them!

I made pumpkin oatmeal (with rolled oats) with this recipe from Pham Fatale. It was delicious- but when I make it again, I'm going to downsize the portions a little and maybe use just a teeny bit less pumpkin. Sarah said the texture was a little too "puree-y" like baby food, so I'm going to reduce it just a bit. Also, it definitely made 3 servings so her roommate got a little breakfast surprise after we left for class. 

If you are a bigger fan of steel cut oats, I can't wait to try this recipe from Naturally Ella. I wanted to try it, but we had a short breakfast date this morning and were super hungry after 6am prayer with some friends from church.

Pumpkin = DEFINITELY a good breakfast food; not just for pie anymore!


No comments: