Thursday, November 11, 2010

Winner, Winner, Pork for Dinner!

I made a great dinner last Saturday night for my boyfriend and me. Which in and of itself is not an accomplishment, but considering I made it all within my residence hall room at college WITHOUT a kitchen, it was extra amazing.


We made garlicky apple pork in the crockpot (recipe to follow), steamed broccoli in the microwave and used a microwave rice pilaf and ate the meal while watching the football game.

Garlicky Apple Pork recipe

(1) 3/12-4 pound pork loin, boneless
(1) 18oz jar of apple jelly
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic (about 2 cloves)
1 Tbsp parsley flakes (optional- I didn't use it, but it still tasted great)
1 generous pinch each of salt and pepper

Cut the pork loin in half. Place in the crockpot.
In a bowl, mix together the apple jelly and water. Pour the mixture over the pork.
Sprinkle the seasonings on the pork.
Place the lid on and cook on low for 8 to 8 1/2 hours. Then eat :)

Why am I restricting myself to my residence hall room when I could use the kitchen? I'm doing my senior thesis project on cooking nutritional food only using kitchen appliances students can have in residence hall rooms, including Crock Pots, microwaves and George Foreman grills.  Do you have any recipes that I could easily make or recreate for my project? I would love your help and feedback!

No comments: