Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Baking

My mom and I cooked dinner tonight and I made some banana chocolate tea bread for the 52 Weeks of Baking swap (week 7). Both turned out delicious! I used Smitten Kitchen's Ratatouille recipe and a recipe from one of my mom's older cookbooks, Entertaining on the Isle with the Mare Island Officers Wives Club. Its a classic in our house and so delicious! I used up some over-ripe bananas and it was perfect.



Oh, and my Peruvian potatoes we made into mashed potatoes. So pretty and so delicious!


Banana Chocolate Tea Bread
  • Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 cup mashed banana 
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 chopped nuts (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark!)

Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs, the dry ingredients (previously combined) and the remaining ingredients. Bake in a large, greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; then remove and serve.

I bet it would taste fantastic with vanilla ice cream, but I devoured it on its own. Its a classic at my house and doesn't really need any tweaking! It only took about 15 minutes to prepare it, so its definitely easy. I totally recommend it!



No comments: